This Health and Safety Law webinar is designed to update every solicitor who has a H & S practice. It will cover a range of topics including:
- R. v Nestle UK Ltd  EWCA Crim 1681,  4 W.L.R. 3, CA, 22 October 2021.
- R. v Brown (Jayne)  EWCA Crim 1665 (Fire safety – sentence – HSWA guidelines – see R v Butt).
- R. v Associated Waste Management Ltd  EWCA Crim 785,  All ER (D) 54 (Jun)
- R. v CMBC SUPPLY LIMITED – Sentencing Remarks of Mr Justice Picken . Birmingham Crown Court 29 June 2022
- Fire Safety Act 2021
- Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 (SI 2022/547)
- Building Safety Act 2022
- PPE at work (amendment) Regs 2022
- Disclosure case law and Guideline
- Evidence and procedure, including bad character.
- Sailesh Mehta
Sailesh Mehta is known for his robust and strategic advice to major corporations and their directors in relation to health and safety matters. His cases often involve fatalities or serious injury (a senior engineer died during an international construction project; triple fatality in a fire). He has prosecuted “household names” such as Siemens, Balfour Beatty and Thames Water. He is regularly instructed in cases involving complex, novel or difficult aspects of law. Sailesh is also one of a handful of barristers in the UK who specialises in fire law and leads the Red Lion Chambers fire law team .
Sailesh sits as a Recorder (part-time Crown Court Judge). He has been described in legal directories as a “heavyweight” and “charismatic” advocate who commands the respect of Judges and opponents. He is published widely and lectures on aspects of regulatory law in the UK and abroad.Read more about Sailesh Mehta
- Richard Beynon
Richard Beynon has a wide experience of criminal litigation, specialising over a number of years in the prosecution of large and complex cases involving serious and organised crime; fraud; tax and duty evasion along with ancillary confiscation proceedings following conviction. Both as Leader and Junior, he has prosecuted a number of large multi-handed cases where investigations have been measured in years. He has a keen interest in equally complicated prosecutions for the Environment Agency and the Health and Safety Executive. A conscientious advocate with a workman-like approach he has the ability to handle vast amounts of material, used and unused alike. He serves on the CPS Advocate Panel at the highest level and also serves on the Regulatory Panel.Read more about Richard Beynon