Members of Red Lion’s Business Crime & Fraud team regularly act for both the taxpayer and HMRC in a wide range of matters. These cases often have International dimensions, jurisdictional issues and hold reputational risks.Our tax and insolvency expertise includes:
- defending and prosecuting cases involving cheating the Revenue, conspiracy to defraud, corporate facilitation, bondhouse diversion frauds, tax evasion schemes and sideways loss relief, MTIC VAT frauds, duty evasion, excise fraud, film credit frauds, pension tax relief fraud and corporation tax fraud
- appearing in the First Tier Tribunal (Tax Chamber) and Upper Tribunals
- defending and prosecuting cases involving Insolvency Act and Companies Act offences
- defending and prosecuting cases involving Fraud Act offences
- defending and prosecuting cases involving trading when insolvent
- defending and prosecuting cases involving fraudulent trading.
Red Lion Chambers currently has two Standing Counsel to the Department for Business, who advise on policy, cases and investigations into corporate and individual insolvency: Rebecca Chalkley and Cameron Brown.