For more than 70 years Red Lion Chambers has advised on the places civil liberties and human rights, Crime and International Criminal Law intersect.With a long standing reputation for excellence across all areas of International and domestic criminal law, our barristers are recognised for their expertise in civil liberties and human rights matters.
Clients range from individuals through to companies, NGOs and Government departments.
Our members appear regularly in domestic tribunals at all levels including appellate work in the Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. Internationally, members have conducted appeals to the European Court of Human Rights and maintain a strong reputation for appearing before regional and international human rights tribunals and committees, hybrid criminal tribunals and major international criminal courts.
Our civil liberties and human rights expertise includes advising and acting on:
- human rights and criminal process
- policing and the rights of prisoners
- victims of crime
- rights to assembly and protest
- crimes against humanity
- war Crimes
- Human Trafficking
- Serious and Organised Crime
- corporate accountability and human rights in business
- death penalty cases
- mental health and community care
- Inquests & Inquiries (and Article 2)
- Professional Regulatory & Disciplinary.