Members of Red Lion Chambers’ healthcare regulation team act for professional regulatory bodies (such as the MPTS (formerly the GMC), GDC, NMC, HCPC and GOC), NHS bodies and employers, as well as for individuals facing proceedings before their regulators, defence solicitors and insurers/indemnity providers. Barristers’ firm grasp of complex medical issues and skilful tribunal advocacy are complemented by our excellent client care and clear understanding of the paramount importance of regulatory proceedings to those concerned.Members appear on the GMC List of Advocates and have extensive experience of appearing before or advising in relation to matters before the:
- Medical Practitioners’ Tribunal Service / General Medical Council
- General Dental Council
- General Optical Council
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
- Health and Care Professions Council
- Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
- General Osteopathic Council
- General Pharmaceutical Council
- Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our barristers are also experienced in acting for families, professionals and hospitals at coroners’ Inquests & Inquiries and Appeals, which often run in tandem with healthcare regulatory proceedings and/or criminal proceedings.