Our International team has extensive experience of working for the United Nations and Government departments such as the UK FCDO and USAID, providing support to foreign governments to strengthen the rule of law in fragile and post-conflict environments.
Working in close collaboration with RLConsulting, which is a multi-disciplinary team of highly respected international justice sector experts, including former senior judges, police officers, investigators, academics and advisors, we offer bespoke services globally in international criminal and civil justice sector reform as well as capacity building for police, judiciary and legal professionals and international judge-led inquiries and investigations.
In recent years Red Lion Chambers’ international team has worked across Africa, the Balkans, South Asia and the Middle East.
Our rule of law and capacity building work has included:
- the design and delivery of specialist practical training packages to a wide spectrum of professionals across the justice system ranging from police and security to the courts including Supreme Court judges;
- capacity building work to strengthen frameworks for the human rights compliant investigation and prosecution of terrorism offences;
- building capacity in the investigation and prosecution of international financial crime;
- working with foreign governments around the world to counter human-trafficking;
- delivering training and building capacity to prosecute sexual offences; and
- working alongside NGOs and prosecutors to help bring complex or sensitive cases to trial before hybrid criminal tribunals.