Our extradition barristers offer advice to those in the UK concerned about extradition to other jurisdictions, as well as those overseas concerned about extradition to the UK.Much of our work draws on members’ enviable reputation as some of the leading International Criminal Law barristers working in London and the South East. Members of Red Lion Chambers are frequently instructed in extradition cases involving cross-border fraud and theft, war crimes, Terrorism and Human Trafficking.
Our barristers advise on or appear at proceedings brought in the UK by the Crown Prosecution Service on behalf of requesting states, as well as in resisting extradition on behalf of requested persons.
Barristers at Red Lion Chambers appear in courts at all levels, from first instance proceedings in Westminster Magistrates Court, through to appeals in the High Court, Supreme Court or European Court of Human Rights. As a result, Red Lion Chambers stands out as one of the leading teams working in this field.
Our extradition expertise includes:
- export extradition proceedings under Parts 1 and 2 of the Extradition Act 2003
- import extradition proceedings under Part 3 of the Extradition Act 2003
- prisoner transfer
- mutual legal assistance requests, letters of request from courts and s.21B requests
- presenting or challenging complex expert evidence in relation to prison conditions in requesting states, the health of requested persons, and legal processes in requesting states
- habeas corpus applications
- Judicial Review
- advice concerning the removal of INTERPOL Red Notices.