Members draw on their enviable skill across all areas of money laundering and proceeds of crime, including Restraint, Civil Recovery & Confiscation and Financial Services Regulation, to both defend and prosecute highly-complex money laundering and proceeds of crime cases.
Red Lion’s money laundering and POCA barristers advise both third-party individuals and businesses, as well as prosecuting authorities and regulatory bodies on compliance with money laundering regulations, both domestically and internationally.
We stand out, in particular, for our experience defending and prosecuting International Criminal Law and cross-jurisdictional money laundering and POCA matters.
Our money laundering and proceeds of crime expertise includes:
- advising on money laundering issues arising on proposed commercial transactions
- suspicious activity reporting under Part 7 of POCA 2002 (obligatory and defence against money laundering)
- confiscation proceedings
- complex civil recovery proceedings, including affected third parties
- cash and account freezing and forfeiture proceedings
- cross-border money laundering investigations
- freezing of cryptoassets
- acting for respondents faced with investigative orders, including Unexplained Wealth Orders, production orders and disclosure orders
- defending individuals and companies against money laundering regulatory breaches attracting civil or criminal penalties
- advising on worldwide freezing orders.