Definitions and interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to Red Lion Chambers via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
- Red Lion Chambers or us: Red Lion Chambers is a Barristers Chambers operating in England and Wales. The registered office address is at 18 Red Lion Court, London EC4A 3EB. Chambers has no collective legal identity of any kind: all barristers practising from a set of chambers are self- employed individuals;
- UK and EU Cookie Law: the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
- User or you: any person that accesses the Website and is not either (i) a member of Red Lion Chambers; (ii) employed by Red Lion Chambers and acting in the course of their employment or
(iii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Red Lion Chambers and/or accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
- Website: the website that you are currently using, www.redlionchambers.co.uk and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Job Title;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- Selections made using our barrister portfolio system;
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Red Lion Chambers is the “data controller”.
- We will retain any Data you submit for 12 months.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
Third party websites and services
- Red Lion Chambers may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
Links to other websites
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Red Lion Chambers (where such Data is held) on payment of a small fee, which will not exceed £10.
- Data security is of great importance to Red Lion Chambers and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Website.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Red Lion Chambers to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
- Data which we collect from you is stored and processed in servers. We attempt to ensure that our servers are located in countries within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, it is possible that one of our servers may become located in a country outside the EEA or that one of our service providers may become situated in a country outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
- If you require additional information in regard to how we use your information, or to exercise your rights under the data law, please contact us by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to raise a complaint, please visit our complaints page for further information https://redlionchambers.co.uk/complaints/.
- Complaints can also be directed to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the independent regulatory office in charge of upholding information rights in the interest of the public. Their contact telephone number is 0303 123 1113.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.