Our sanctions barristers have been involved in a number of leading sanctions and export control cases, including the OFAC and anti-corruption sanctions imposed on a leading South Sudanese businessman.
Our sanctions expertise includes advising and acting on:
- the implications of potential sanctions or export controls
- licences for a person to deal with an individual or company subject to sanctions or export controls
- licence infringement claims
- liaison with UK and overseas regulators, including HMRC, OFSI and OFAC
- challenging the designation and listing of a sanction, domestically and internationally
- compliance with sanctions and export controls, including reporting, lawfulness challenges and internal investigations
- enforcement, including criminal prosecution and regulatory matters
- breaches of sanctions or export controls
- Money Laundering & Proceeds of Crime matters relating to sanctions and export controls
- commercial disputes as a result of sanctions and export controls.