Lorraine Tucker is a Crime specialist based in our East Anglia location. She covers all aspects of Crime with an emphasis on Serious Violence, Drugs Offences and Sexual Offences, being instructed both by the prosecution and defence. She has also been instructed by the Norfolk Constabulary as independent counsel to review seized material subject to LPP.
Lori joined Red Lion Chambers in 2010, bringing with her 24 years’ experience as a CPS prosecutor.
She spent her last years in the CPS Special Casework/HCA Unit for Norfolk where she was responsible for some of the most serious investigations and prosecutions involving offences of Serious Violence, Fraud, Sexual Offences, Drugs Offences – particularly those involving the use of covert investigation by the police.
Lori also provided training to the CPS, witness support and police, including the Major Incident Team, Drug and Serious Crime Squad and Child Protection Unit in respect of covert policing, sexual offences and disclosure.
Proceeds of Crime and Confiscation
Lori is instructed to both prosecute and defend in POCA matters. During her time at the CPS Lori was the reviewing lawyer responsible for the prosecution of R v Benjafield  1 A.C. 1099 HL.
Serious & Organised Crime
Lori has a particular aptitude for the prosecution and defence of organised gang related drug dealing and other organised crime. She has provided training to the police and CPS on covert law enforcement.
- R v L and others (2015) – Instructed to defend a conspiracy to supply controlled drugs.
- R v B and others (2013) – Instructed for the prosecution of an organised gang responsible for the theft of high value plants across a number of counties. All defendants were convicted.
- R v Y and others (2012) – Instructed for the prosecution of a multi-handed drug gang involving the use of covert surveillance and undercover police officers. Some members of the gang were subsequently prosecuted for murder in which Lori acted as junior counsel.
- R v B and others (2011) – Instructed for the prosecution of a drug gang involved in a robbery in which a firearm was discharged and one member of the gang was fatally stabbed.
Murder & Manslaughter
Lori has a wealth of experience in dealing with homicide, attempted homicide and solicitation to murder. During her time with the CPS she was responsible for preparing and prosecuting some of the most serious and complex homicide cases including Operation Mellor (2009) – the kidnapping, torture and subsequent murder of a teenager by three adults. Lori received a Chief Constable’s Commendation for her advice work during the course of the police investigation, charging and subsequent trial preparation. Lori is also instructed as a prosecution junior in homicide.
She also has a long track record of both prosecuting and defending serious violence including kidnapping and blackmail.
- R v L and others (2017) – Instructed to defend GBH and robbery.
- R v T and others (2016) – Instructed to defend armed robbery.
- R v W (2015) – Instructed to defend a kidnapping and robbery of a vulnerable adult quadriplegic unable to speak. As a result cross-examination had to be conducted through an intermediary and an interpreter.
- R v H (2014) – Instructed to defend a vulnerable elderly man suffering from a psychiatric condition charged with attempted murder of a neighbour. The defendant was unfit to plead and did not attend court. The jury acquitted.
- R v Y and others (2012) – Multi handed murder in which the defendants were a London criminal gang who had taken over drug dealing in Norwich and murdered a rival. One defendant gave evidence for the Crown. (Pros. jnr)
Earlier cases as a CPS advocate:
- R v M & D – Junior counsel in a solicitation to murder, GBH and perverting the course of justice. A deaf defendant gave evidence for the Crown.
- R v L – 16-year-old charged with the murder of a neighbour. (Pros. jnr)
Lori both defends and prosecutes serious Sexual Offences including abuse of both vulnerable adults and children. Lori has provided training to police officers attending the SSOT course.
She is a CPS Grade 3 Rape Panel Advocate.
- R v R (2017) – Instructed for the prosecution of offences of making indecent images of children.
- R v E (2017) – Instructed for the defence of sexual assault on niece.
- R v W (2016) – Instructed for the defence of multi-complainant, historic allegations of rape and sexual
- R v G (2013) – Instructed for the prosecution of rape and GBH.
- R v G (2012) – Instructed for the defence of rape on a partner.
- R v H (2012) – Instructed for the defence of multiple counts of historic rape and sexual assault against 4 girls.
- R v E (2011) – Instructed for the prosecution of a 31-year-old male charged with sexual activity with a child aged 13.
- R v C (2011) – Instructed for the defence of rape and assault on a former partner.
Road Traffic Offences
Lori is instructed to prosecute and defend in offences involving motor vehicles.
- R v B (2017) – Instructed to defend dangerous driving where the defendant deliberately driving at pedestrians.
- R v M (2014) – Instructed to defend dangerous driving where the defendant was alleged to have deliberately driven his car at another man, hitting him and causing him to fall over the bonnet and roof of the car. Acquitted.
- BA (Hons) Law, Polytechnic of the South Bank: 2:1
- CPS Panel Advocate (Grade 3)
- CPS RASSO Panel Advocate (Grade 3)
- Middle Temple
- South Eastern Circuit