Emily has a general Crime practice appearing at all stages of criminal proceedings across the Magistrates’, Youth and Crown Courts.
Emily has represented defendants at trial in a wide range of cases, including possession with intent to supply Class A drugs, section 20 grievous bodily harm and coercive and controlling behaviour.
Alongside her criminal practice Emily has experience defending Extradition and civil matters such as CBOs.
Prior to coming to the Criminal Bar Emily worked in the House of Commons as a women and equalities researcher and later as a paralegal in regulatory law. Emily also acted as an advocate at school exclusion hearings, with a particular focus on disability discrimination and representing students with special educational needs.
- Bar Professional Training Course, City University: Very Competent (2018-2019)
- Graduate Diploma in Law, City University: Distinction (2017-2018)
- BA Hons, Politics, Newcastle University: 1st Class (2013-2016)
- Pupillage Award, Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn (2020)
- Lord Denning Scholarship, Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn (2018)
- Lord Haldane Scholarship, Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn (2017)
- John Wiseman Prize for Best Undergraduate Performance, Newcastle University (2016)