WEBINAR: Health and Safety Law Update
DATE: Tuesday 28 July
MORE INFO HERE: [Health and Safety Law Update]
This Health and Safety Law webinar is designed to update every solicitor who has a H & S practice. It will cover a range of topics including:
Keeping up-to-date with the law and practice in this constantly-evolving field can be challenging. These webinars will tell you everything you need to know. Laura Hoyano and Jane Oldfield, facilitated by Valerie Charbit, will explain and discuss the new and updated provisions in Achieving Best Evidence, remote participation of witnesses and defendants, s.28 cross-examination and ensuring equal treatment, as well as how they are being interpreted by the courts and practical tips for those prosecuting and defending on how best to use them.
- R. v Nestle UK Ltd  EWCA Crim 1681,  4 W.L.R. 3, CA, 22 October 2021.
- R. v Brown (Jayne)  EWCA Crim 1665 (Fire safety – sentence – HSWA guidelines – see R v Butt).
- R. v Associated Waste Management Ltd  EWCA Crim 785,  All ER (D) 54 (Jun)
- R. v CMBC SUPPLY LIMITED – Sentencing Remarks of Mr Justice Picken . Birmingham Crown Court 29 June 2022
- Fire Safety Act 2021
- Fire Safety (England) Regulations 2022 (SI 2022/547)
- Building Safety Act 2022
- PPE at work (amendment) Regs 2022
- Disclosure case law and Guideline
- Evidence and procedure, including bad character.
Book here: [Zoom]