She conducts work in public inquiries, independent reviews and large scale investigations in both the private and corporate sectors.
Regulatory & Professional Disciplinary
Priya defends and presents cases before a multitude of professional regulatory tribunals, including the MPTS, GPhC, GOC, BTAS and NMC. Her work extends to High Court applications and appeals.
She has undertaken a number of secondments with professional regulatory bodies, including the GMC and GPhC, giving her a close insight into the procedural aspects of regulatory work.
She is experienced in all types of cases, including health, professional competence, misconduct and conviction. She is routinely instructed in substantive hearings, interim orders and review hearings.
- GPhC v X – Grooming.
- GPhC v EH – Terrorism.
- GPhC v Z – Outraging public decency.
- GMC v X – Health.
- NMC v X – Sexual motivation.
- GOC v X – Professional competence.
Inquests & Inquiries
Priya has specialist experience in public inquiry work. She has acted for core participants as well as representing the inquiry legal team. Her work involves scoping, analysis, applications, preparation for hearings and working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Priya has also appeared in a number of Inquests, representing interested parties.
- Undercover Policing Inquiry (2017 – current) – Instructed by the Metropolitan Police.
- NCA Investigation into Police Corruption (2017-2018) – LPP Review, instructed by the Metropolitan Police.
- Geoffrey Kilbey Inquest – Bradford Coroners Court (2020).
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry (2019) – Instructed by the Inquiry Legal Team in Phase II Aftermath.
Priya is regularly instructed in large scale independent investigations and reviews in the private and corporate sector. She has experience of working as part of a multiskilled team on various platforms. She has been involved in cases of alleged corruption and criminality, including ‘whistleblower’ investigations .
- The Dame Linda Dobbs Review (2019 – current) – Lloyds Banking Group’s independent review into matters arising from the Reading Fraud.
- White & Case (2016) – Independent investigation into fraud and corruption allegations against a company.
- (2014) – FCA investigation into insider trading.
Business Crime & Fraud
Priya has prosecuted and defended many cases involving Fraud and related business crime.
- Operation P (2017) – Metropolitan Police corruption investigation.
- Operation O (2017) – Metropolitan Police corruption investigation.
- Operations M (2015–2017) – HMRC MTIC fraud.
- Operation V (2015–2017) – HMRC LPP review.
- Operation S (2015–2017) – HMRC duty/evasion fraud.
- LIBOR (2015) SFO – Disclosure review of LIBOR manipulation by traders employed by major national and international banks in the UK.
- Operation G (2015–2017) – HMRC LPP review.
- Operation S (2015–2017) – HMRC international investigation.
- Operation G (2015–2017) – HMRC tax fraud.
- Operation A (2015–2016) – Large-scale, judge-ordered LPP exercise.
- Project Dune (2016) – Investigation into allegations of bribery and corruption within a limited company.
- Rolls-Royce (2014–2015) – SFO investigation into allegations of corruption against Rolls Royce.
- Operation T (2013) – FCA disclosure review of the largest insider trading case thus far.
- R v L and others (2012) – Instructed as led junior in a insolvency service prosecution of a company director indicted for fraud.
- R v H and others (2011) – Led junior in a prosecution involving a large scale illegal alcohol production plant near Nottingham.
- R v B (2010) – Instructed as junior alone in a DWP prosecution of a nurse defrauding her employer.
- R v N & N (2009) – Instructed as led junior, defending a doctor and co accused tried for Class C drug production and money laundering.
- R v F, R and S (2008) – Instructed as led junior in complex large scale duty evasion/cigarette importation prosecution in trial and on appeal.
- R v W, E and D – Instructed as junior alone in the prosecution of a test purchase drugs case. Complexity of case arising from PII.
- Operation Trident (2006 and 2007) – Instructed as led junior in two prosecutions relating to gang-related firearms in Hackney.
- R v P and H (2006) – Instructed as led prosecution junior in a large-scale fraud by a Camden Council employee and money laundering by accomplice.
- LLB, University of Cardiff
- MA Medical Ethics and Law, King’s College, London
- Middle Temple
- South Eastern Circuit
- Hindi (fluent)