Adam Wiseman QC specialises in Financial Services Regulation, Investigations, Fraud, Inquests & Crime.
Recognised by Chambers & Partners and Legal 500 as one of the leading barristers in practice, Adam is regularly instructed to act in an advisory capacity for individuals and institutions.
”An absolutely fantastic advocate who is always on top of his brief. He is reassuring to the client and a commanding presence in court.”― Chambers & Partners 2022
“Insightful and always prepared, he plots his way through complex cases and is respected by judges.”― Chambers & Partners 2021
“Brave and forthright in his cross-examination, yet still sensitive to the client.”― Chambers & Partners 2021
“First-class tactical analysis.”― Chambers & Partners 2020
“His strengths include staying focused on the key issues in a case and witness handling. He’s a very good team player.”― Legal 500 2020 – Ranked: tier 1
“A natural advocate who owns the courtroom and brings first-rate judgement to cases.”― Legal 500 2020 – Ranked: tier 1
“He brings first-rate judgement and strategic planning to bear.”― Legal 500 2018 – Ranked: tier 1
“A very gifted and hardworking barrister, whose preparation is comprehensive and tactical awareness is first class.”― Legal 500 2017
“Defends in all types of high-profile and serious crime.”― Legal 500 2014
“Outstanding”― Legal 500 2013
Inquests & Inquiries
Adam is a specialist in Inquiries, Financial Regulation & Inquests and is currently co-lead counsel for one of the largest independent financial services’ inquiries in British history.
- Appointed by Lloyds Banking Group (‘LBG’) as Counsel to the Dobbs Review to consider whether issues relating to HBOS Reading were investigated and appropriately reported to authorities following LBG’s acquisition of HBOS.
- Counsel to the Inquest touching the death of Ellie Butler.
See our Inquests & Inquiries team.
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry: University of Exeter
- MSc (Hons) Psychological Research Methods: University of Exeter
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law (Commendation): University of Westminster
- Public Access (Direct Access) qualified
- Litigation qualified
- Lead Facilitator to teach advocates in the handling of vulnerable witnesses (Rook Working Group).
- Leading Silk in the Legal 500 and Chambers UK Bar directories (see Directory Testimonials).
- Criminal Bar Association
- South Eastern Circuit